Monday, September 13, 2010

What's for Dinner?


I know I've posted about meal planning before, but The Project Girl has another cool meal planning sheet on her blog (see above).  I also thought I would give you a gift this week. I'm going to tell you everything that I'm making for dinner in hopes that you will share with me some of what you're fixing.  As much as meal planning helps organization, budgeting and planning, it doesn't really help me get out of the rut of fixing the same things in my small repertoire. So here is what's for dinner around her (if I have access to the recipe, I've linked to it). 

Sunday: Pistachio Chicken, Steamed Asparagus and Rice.
Monday: Broiled Tilapia Parmesan with Broccoli and Onion Pandade.
Tuesday: Calypso Beef Soup with Beer Bread.
Wednesday: Feta Stuffed Chicken with Zucchini and Wild Rice. 
Thursday:  Turkey and Basil Paninis with Fruit Salad.

Now, pleeeeease send me some of your favorite family recipes!!!  I hope your week is off to a great start!

2 comments:

  1. Monday: Homemade Meatballs, 3 color tortellini, garlic bread, red sauce (eaten at the park, picnic style)
    Tuesday: Supposed to be pot roast, but since i forgot to put it in the crock pot...Punt...Chicken Strips, steamed broccoli, and Stove top.
    Wednesday: Breakfast, Eggs, Bacon, Biscuits
    Thursday: Mom-working in the City: Dad's Choice: probably fish sticks and macncheese.
    Friday: Beefalo Chuck Roast (CSA Basket), potatoes, carrots, onions, rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon! Thought I'd share one of my easy, healthy and affordable dishes with you! I make variations on it often as well, but below is my basic recipe for Turkey Tacos. I'm making them tonight. Yum!

    TURKEY TACOS with lime sour cream
    -1 lb. ground turkey
    -1 4 oz. can chopped mild green chiles
    -1/2 yellow onion, diced
    -1 package of taco seasoning (I also often use blackening seasonings from the bulk spice section at Central Market)
    -whole grain tortillas (I sometimes use low carb La Tortilla or corn tortillas)
    -1/2 tomato, diced
    -olive oil
    -salt and pepper to taste (check salt content of seasoning mix)
    -julienned cabbage (look for coleslaw mix or sub romaine)

    Lime Sour Cream
    -1/2 cup sour cream
    -juice from 1/2 lime
    -1/2 tsp of cumin
    -dash of cayenne

    Heat olive oil in large skillet. Meanwhile, with your hands, mix turkey, taco seasoning and green chiles. Saute onions in oil until translucent, about 1 min. Add turkey mixture to onions and brown, about 8-10 mins. Salt and pepper to taste. While turkey is cooking, make sour cream sauce and wrap tortillas in foil and put in a 250* oven. For sour cream, combine all ingredients and stir well.

    Add turkey mixture to warm tortillas, top with cabbage mix and a TBSP of sour cream sauce. Add diced tomato as desired. If tortillas are large, roll 'em up and serve with a fork.

    I sometimes serve this with a side of black beans, but the meal it is nutritionally complete without them. I also sometimes make a side of guacamole, cutting the avocado with greek yogurt. The mixture is wonderfully tangy and cuts the fat and adds nutrition.

    ReplyDelete