Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Fun!!!!



(image via www.dallasarboretum.org)

This months feature at the Studio Movie Grill is "Barbie Fashion Fairytale."  It's every Saturday morning in September at 11:00am.  I don't think we'll be seeing this one.  I'm afraid Barbie won't measure up to my admiration of Ms. Shortcake and I don't want to set her up to fail. But if you see it, please send me your review! 

In other "Fall Fun" news, The Great Pumpkin Festival at the Dallas Arboretum begins September 18 and runs through November 14th. There are all kinds of great events, but our favorites are the Mommy and Me Mondays and Tiny Tots Tuesdays. Both days offer face painting, petting zoos, professional pictures and so much more. 

Another great activity that is fast approaching is the Plano Balloon Festival.  It's September 17, 18 and 19 and is sure to delight kids of all ages (I include myself in that category).

Dallas Heritage Village at Old City Park was closed in August, but is open again in September. It occupies 13 acres just south of downtown, has a working farm and gardens and gives a live view into Texas history. We're definitely making a trip soon.

And finally, The State Fair is just around the corner. It's Sept. 26 - Oct. 19 and aren't you just dying to know what kind of fried delicacies will be for sale?  

For an even broader list of autumn activities around town, check out these sites:


Now get on out there and enjoy some fall fun (even if it's not quite sweater weather yet)!  

For those of you that are out of state, I'm sorry this post is not applicable. I'll be back tomorrow with one that reaches beyond state lines. 



1 comment:

  1. And don't forget Dinosaurs at the Heard Museum in McKinney are back in October.

    ReplyDelete