Monday, September 6, 2010

Simple {budget friendly} Fall Decorating

Hi Loves!  I hope you are having a great weekend and you get to enjoy a day off with friends or loved ones. These past couple of days have certainly gotten me in the mood for fall. I know it's not necessarily been cool, but it has certainly been cooler and I'll take whatever I can get.  Regardless, I thought I'd kick off this Labor Day by getting us all in the mood for fall and posting some decorating ideas that are simple and easy on the budget too.  Here they are:

1.  Dig out some of your dishes and place pumpkins, berries, acorns, etc. on them. This would be beautiful as a centerpiece, on an entry table or on your mantel.  I remember last year, Walmart had these little pumpkins and gourds in a pretty big bag for about $3.00.

       
(image unknown)

2.  Here is some good ole decoupage ladies.  I looks like they've simply painted the pumpkin and modge-podged some leaves on it. What a simple and wonderful fall idea. 

(image via Midwest Living)

3. I love this for a porch, an island centerpiece, by the fireplace or even on the kitchen table (if the scale were adjusted). Bring that fern in from outside, grab an orange kalanchoe or any other flowering plant, a couple of pumpkins or gourds and you're set.  Really, I think any plants will do. 

(image via about.com)

4. This is one of my favs because the kiddos can help. Grabs some cute $1 craft ribbon from Michaels, Joannes or Walmart and wrap baby pumpkins. Put 'em in a bowl and tada!  Darling, if you ask me. 

(image via Good Housekeeping)

5. I have a couple apothecary jars, but I have even more vases from old flower arrangements. Either will do. Simply fill them with pinecones, cranberries, acorns, nuts, twigs, etc. and put them on your dining room table (or wherever you see fit).  Lots of these things can be found by walking down the street - can't get more budget-friendly than that. 

(image unknown)

6.  Finally, go trim some branches of a near by tree (yes the acorns are lovely, but not necessary), put in a bowl, add some oranges and some water and presto.  If you want to get really crazy, you could even make a pattern on the oranges with whole cloves, but I personally like the simplicity the way it is. 

(image unknown)

There you have it. If anyone has any other cute, easy and inexpensive decorating ideas, please send them my way. I'm always on the hunt for more ideas.  

On a side note - I've made a few laundry room decisions this weekend. Nothing has actually "happened" yet, but my wheels are turning. Thanks to all of you all who have let me know your wheels are turning too and your laundry room is getting an overhaul - or at least a little organization.  It's fun to do these kind of things with people that I hope are reading this friends. 

Happy Labor Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment