Friday, September 3, 2010

Project Laundry Room

You may or may not have noticed that yesterday I only gave you one photo of my office/laundry room and it was a very close-up of one of my cabinets. I did that on purpose. You see, the cabinets are the most organized part of the entire space. Here is what she really looks like....

         



        

Even a self-proclaimed organization lover can't quite get this room in shape. I'm letting you know that this is my next project so that it will indeed be my next project. Since the room is quite visible from the kitchen, I'd really like the big white wall you see to become something pretty and the rest of the room to offer a lot more function.  Here are a few laundry rooms that inspire me.


I love the walls in this room. It's a stencil, not wall-paper. (image via modgirl)


I love the pretty things in this room. (image via flickr)


I love the clean, crisp feel of this room. (image unknown)


And this would just happen to be my dream laundry room. (image via kitchendetailsanddesign.com)

My goal is to make my room a little more special seeing as a spend half my life a lot of time in there. I've already enlisted hubby to build me a shelf to go above the washer and dryer (poor guy; he's really handy).  But, seeing that he has 20 other things on his honey-do to do list above that one, I'm not sure when it will happen. So, I'm going to move on to investigating what to do with that plain white wall that is so blah and useless.  If anyone else wants to tackle Project Laundry Room with me, I'd love to see/hear some of your ideas and inspirations. Oh yes, there is one more thing. My budget for this project is penny's, so I'm going to have to be quite resourceful. I love a good challenge.  

PS - could this possibly have all started with pretty cleaning supplies?????

No comments:

Post a Comment