Thursday, September 23, 2010

Convicted

I don't know about you, but it is pretty easy for me to caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and lose sight of whose in charge anyway. Right now I'm studying Isaiah in Bible Study Fellowship. We're only a couple of weeks in, but already it's grabbing ahold of my heart and convicting me in some major ways. It is so easy for me to become self-sufficient and forget any sufficiency that I do have is from God alone. He deserves all credit and praise for anything that is good. It's also easy for me to get in to rote patterns of worshiping God.  For instance, I often rush through a prayer before dinner without truly pausing to consider how the food before us is only there because of God's grace in our lives. We could just as easily be a family without food.  

Here are some cute little pieces of art I found on Etsy (persimmon and pink). I know I would benefit from having some of these framed in my kitchen, bathroom and by my bed.  But really, I shouldn't need small visual reminders, should I?  The amount that God has given me should humble me daily, draw me to him in thanks and in prayer and prompt me to tell others of His goodness.  I am convicted.



No comments:

Post a Comment