Friday, November 5, 2010

Gift Tutorial #2: Cinnamon Honey Butter


This is a yuuuuumy gift that is so great to have on hand during the holidays. This is one I made last year, so I don't have pictures of the process, but it's easy. 

1. Start with a small ramekin. I found red ones at Walmart for one dollar. 
2. Next, make the honey butter.  Recipe found here. Try not to eat it by the spoon-fulls while you make it. 
3. Scoop it into your ramekin. I cut a round piece of parchment paper to lay on top, so the butter doesn't stick to the cellophane. 
4. Wrap it in cellophane, tie a cute ribbon and add a cute tag. 

I store mine in the fridge but it spreads easier at room temp! You can eat it by the spoonful or serve it on English muffins, bagels, biscuits, rolls, or toast… or sweet potatoes… or oatmeal! Really it’s quite diverse. I seriously put a warning on my tags, “may cause excessive consumption of carbohydrates”! Because in the 36 hours after I make a batch, I eat about 47 biscuits, 32 rolls, 6 slices of toast… and anything else I can spread it on!  It's that good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment