Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gift Tutorial #12: Chalkboard Blooms


So this is my grande finale....chalkboard blooms. I love, love, love this idea! As much as I cringe not to show you one I actually made (for the sake of demonstrating how easy it really is), life hasn't afforded me much extra time this week (who am I kidding; does life ever give me extra time?). But, I couldn't give up sharing the idea just because I had not made one myself.

Here is a link to this adorable chalkboard pot. This one holds paper white bulbs, but any plant, flower or herb would be precious in this little guy.  Notice the tray in the background. It's definitely got me thinking about what things around my house could be repurposed as cute chalkboards. I bought some paint for a large chalk board I made a while back. I think I need to dust off the can and get busy.

So, this wraps up the 12 Day of Gift Tutorials. I hope you've found something(s) that will make your gift giving easy, affordable and personal this year and in years to come.

I'm probably going to take a blogging hiatus this week since my girls are out of school....we are focusing on jammie mornings, board games, Thanksgiving crafts and all things fun. I'm sure I'll have to throw laundry, groceries and cleaning my house in the mix too, but maybe I'll take a hiatus from those things also (wishful thinking).

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving week and get to spend sweet, meaningful time with family and/or friends.

One more thing...I truly am thankful for you all.  I don't know who all of you are, but you are definitely a source of encouragement to me. Your comments, emails and FB messages about the blog always bless me and spur me on to continue sharing. Thank you!

1 comment: