Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let's talk Curtains


"Hmmmm.....how do we go from hand print lilies to curtains?" you ask.  Well, they have a lot in common. They are both cheap and easy.  Now that we're friends, I'm going to start telling you some of my secrets. Not my really juicy, exciting secrets (sorry), just my "do it yourself" and "save a buck" secrets. So, my first secret is my curtains. The above picture is my dining room. It's still kind of a work in progress, but it's getting there.  You see that nice big window? It's great. I love that window.  The only problem is that window needed some nice big window treatments which would cost a nice big penny and I didn't have it. What's a girl to do?  Easy. Go to Walmart.  That's right, Walmart. Now, my curtains are not from the window treatment isle at Walmart, but the rod is. I think it was $13.  Jump over a few isles to the paint isle and you'll find my curtains. They are painters drop cloths and they were $8.88 each.  Ta Da!  My "window treatments" cost me roughly $30.  Now that's what I'm talking about!



















Question? Do you think I should hem them or keep them poofy?

1 comment: