Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello.

Hello. I'm Shannon. I'm on a quest to save Simple. You see, Simple is lost. Maybe complicated took it. Maybe it was complex. Either way, it's convoluted and finding simple won't be easy. Won't you join me?

The purpose of this blog is to get back to the simple things in life. You see, I live in a big city. There are lots of activities, social obligations, pressures, intensities and luxuries all around me. It's so easy for me to let myself be pulled/guided/deceived/defined by what I do and have, by what my kids do and have, by my house, my car, my friends, my activities, my vacation spot and on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, I love nice things. I love to do nice things. I love people, excitement and adventure. But, I don't want to get lost in those things like Simple did. As my husband and I raise our children, we want them to look around and see the simple things: creation, not concrete and steel; pretend, not pretense; creativity, not conventional. But, I need accountability. That's what I hope this blog will do for me. Hold me accountable to keeping things simple as I share some of those simple things with you. So don't worry Simple, here we come...

No comments:

Post a Comment