Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Party Idea: Tea Party

I know a tea party is nothing new, but I love how simply you can do a party and still make it so festive with certain color combinations. I've had the plastic tea cups you see below for a really long time. I have no idea where I got them or why, but I sure am glad I did. They helped me set my color scheme. 


Here's the food table. Simple: strawberries stuffed with cream cheese, mini pie shells stuffed with chicken salad, turkey and cheese sandwiches in the shapes of flowers and cake.  I also had little cereal sticks that were stuffed with yogurt (I don't know if they still make them anymore, but they were such cute colors that I had to get them).


Our activities were simple too. As kids got there, they each got a little bag with a necklace, a ring and a feather hair clip to dress up a bit. Then they strung fruit loop necklaces (it was a three year old bday party) and then they ate. At the end, I read them their party favor - Gigi and the Royal Tea Party. I spent more than I usually do on the favors, but I only had six little girls, so I didn't mind doing so. Plus, it has such a good story that is fitting with the tea party theme. 


Speaking of birthdays, I'll be taking a little blog time off to celebrate the birth of number three.  But, I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment