Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Speaking of Fall Beverages....

Here is another one that is tasty and makes your house smell delicious. 


Crock Pot Mulled Cider


Ingredients

  • 1/2 C. brown sugar
  • 2 quart cider
  • 1 tsp. allspice, whole
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cloves, whole
  • 2 sticks cinnamon
  • Orange slices

Directions:  Put all ingredients in crock-pot. If desired, tie whole spices in cheesecloth or put in tea strainer. If spices are added loose, strain before serving. Cover; cook on low 2-8 hours. Serve from the crock-pot with a ladle, or if using a coffee pot, right out of the spout in place of coffee.



I didn't have any cheese cloth, so I put my spices in a a coffee filter and tied it with twine. It worked like a charm.  



I think this would make another cute fall gift for neighbors, friends, co-workers, teachers, etc. I'd package it in these....


These bottles are from http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin48g.html and are about $1 each, but I bet you could find something similar at World Market and not have to buy a dozen. Then, I'd print off these darling labels that I found via Simply Seleta, tie them on with some raffia and have a cute little treat for someone you love.  

By the way, if you haven't noticed, I'm quite big into little treats. I think thoughtful little gifts for teachers, friends, neighbors, etc. say so much with such little effort. If you haven't given a little treat in a while, try it. I promise you'll enjoy doing it more than the receiver will enjoy the gift. 


No comments:

Post a Comment