Thursday, October 28, 2010

Great Books


This are just a few great books from what I like to call our Little People Library.  I definitely believe that reading to our kids is one of the most important things we can do and I wish I read ten times more than I do. One thing that I know I do is that I read the right books to my kids. You see, I used to not know what the "right" books were. I bought cute books with cute covers and cute stories. This is all well and good, but I was missing out on so much while reading to my little ones and so were they. 

My oldest goes to a school that preaches reading. I'm telling you, there are huuuuuuge on reading. It is such wonderful encouragement and accountability. And, they have educated me so much on what to read. They promote books that tell stories of good character, teach complex sentences and have beautiful illustrations. As I read to my kids, they are learning so much more than cute simple sentences that rhyme, they are learning classical literature that is packed with goodness (and they don't even know it).

It just so happens that this little school is having a book fair next week.  They pre-buy wonderful books, many of which are out of print. So, if you want to stock up your Little People's Library or get some wonderful Christmas gifts, stop by. They are arranged by age, so it makes it so easy and there is not a bad book it the bunch. Don't worry, they sell at retail prices, so you won't pay more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment