Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Office Make Over: An Update


Since it's taking me a while to actually finish out my office makeover, I thought I'd at least let you know what I've decided on doing. I just think this product is too cool and can't wait to tell you about it. I'll start by saying my original plan was to line my backsplash with galvanized metal and have a big magnet board. When hubby researched the price it was going to be $120.  Not going to fly with this penny pinching gal.  So then I decided to use cork. Turns out cork rolls don't have the proper backing to adhere to a wall and don't come thick enough to actually hold pins. You have to buy and install a backing piece along with the cork. Too many steps for me.  But then, I ran across what is pictured above.....magnetic primer.  My $20 answer to my office problem. 

All you have do to is paint a couple coats on your designated space and then cover it with whatever paint color you chose.  So, I'm going to paint the backsplash behind and around my desk. I'll have a ton of space to hang invitations, bills, notes, pictures etc.  


Ahhhhhh, I can just see the organization now.  Hubby the handy man is going to trim it out for me so it will have a nice finished look.  I'm thinking I'm going to paint over the primer with the same green I used for my stencil, but haven't decided for sure. If you have any opinions, I'd love to hear them. 


If you all have any organization/make-over projects you've been working on, I'd love to see them. I'm always up for some good inspiration. That goes for recipes, decorating ideas, etc.  I looooove hearing from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment