Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DIY Art

We moved into our house over a year and a half ago and my walls are still blank with few exceptions.  I wouldn't call myself a minimalist, but I certainly like an open, clean feel. So, what I'm looking for are a few statement pieces of art.  Little did I know, a few statement pieces make a BIG statement on my bank statement (for some reason, I'm naive like that). So I had to come up with plan b.....doing it myself.  

Here is my first go at some abstract art. It's verrrrry amateur (although I like to think it looks a tad bit better in person). It did, however, leave me itching to do more.  


So now I have three rather large canvases that are going to hang on a large and quite empty wall. Here are pieces that inspire me and make me think surely I can do something similar.






Any artist out there will any helpful tips?  Or, anyone bold enough to try a painting of their own with me? (Looking at these again makes me realize just how pathetic mine is...ayayay.)

1 comment:

  1. I went through a similar process/phase myself...I got 1 painting that wasn't completely horrible. Never quite as beautiful as my inspiration pieces that i thought looked so doable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete