Friday, September 16, 2011

Bless the Teacher

                       
The school my girls go to is fabulous. I cannot say enough good things about it. One of the things I love is that you can sign up to "bless the teacher" one month of each school year. Who better to bless than the very teachers that bless us by pouring into our children.  The blessings have to be homemade (with the exception of plants, flowers or restaurant gift cards). That being said, I'm always on a quest to come up with something new and different that will indeed bless them. Here's the first thing that I'll be leaving in their classrooms....handmade stationery. I saw this over at this blog and was sold.

I started with 8 1/2 x 11 card stock that I cut in half and folded over to make the size of stationery. Next, I scrounged up some red and green paint, the little round sponge brush thingy (wish I new what exactly that is called), a small tip paint brush and a thin brown marker (not pictured).


Using the round sponge thingy and red paint, I make circles in the bottom left corners of the cards. The paint leaves a sort of texture that I like because of the sponge application.


Here they are with the red circles:


Then I used the brown marker to add a stem and the green paint to add a small leaf.


Here is the close-up. Perfect for teacher thank you notes, don't you think.


Finally, I wrapped up with twine and these free tags and they are ready to go! How about them apples????


No comments:

Post a Comment