Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Dogs Life

A more appropriate title would be, Our Dogs Life. I don't know why I felt so inclined to post these pictures, maybe because they'll give you a more personal glimpse into our family. I try not to get too personal on this blog. Not because I don't want to share; merely because I'm still not fully comfortable with having too much information "out there."  But none-the-less, I think this safe.

This is our dog. Her name is Ruthie and we got her just before we found out we were pregnant with our first. We adore her. Yes, we are "those" people. She did not get moved down on the totem pole once are first or second child was born and will likely not when #3 comes. She loves to swim. Even in the winter she loves to swim. She has lost all her baby weight (the kind from babies dropping food on the floor) due to her rigorous swimming schedule. She loves for us to watch her. This is highly annoying because she barks when we don't. So what do we do, we go to the window and let her think we're watching her. See, I told you, we are "those" people.

This picture is after a cold swim. She's sooo tired and the girls bundled her up to make sure she wasn't cold too. Pathetic, I know.


Here she is cuddling with her daddy.  Yes, this is the first shot I've posted of the hottie handy-man. See what I mean?


Here's Ruthie with her best friend, my #2.  At least #2 thinks so. I'd have a  hard time believing Ruthie agrees based on this picture. But look how happy #2 is to have her best friend decked out in pink.  I'm sure I have pictures of her decked out in tutus and bows somewhere, but not at my fingertips. 


And finally, this is Ruthie posing as a Starbucks "barkista." I won't even try to explain why we took this picture because I don't want you to think we're too crazy....yet. This is not the most flattering picture of her -----gee, I wonder why? 

So yes, we love our dog. She gets very special treatment.  If you love dogs too, you'll probably appreciate this post. If not, you'll just think we're nuts, which would not be far off.  

So, there is just a glimpse of the goings on over here from day to day...as they relate to our dog, anyway. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment