Saturday, August 28, 2010

Movie Review: Strawberry Shortcake, The Glimmerberry Ball Movie


I must admit, this is my first movie review, but heh, it's also my girl's first movie. We have a few movies we watch at home, but they have yet to actually go to a movie.  Two reasons:  1. They are sensitive little ones and easily get scared, bothered by "mean" things, and just don't seem to be the movie going type.  2. My oldest would rather do a million other things than sit in one place for more that 20 minutes, much less 1 1/2 hours.  

I suppose these are good things, except for those times that I would like to really concentrate on something or lie down for a short rest.  You know, those times when the constant chatter melodious sounds of your child's voice just drives you crazy distracts you a bit.  But, none the less, this was our first movie going experience as a family.

First I must tell you that we went to the Studio Movie Grill at 75 and Royal. I have just learned that they offer a kids show each Saturday at 11:00. The movie changes monthly and the admission is a mere $2.  Granted, they suck you in by selling food, but heh, we needed lunch anyway.  It was fun, comfortable and filling all at the same time. 

Okay, back to my movie review. Can I tell you that I LOVED The Glimmerberry Ball movie.  I highly recommend renting/borrowing/buying it if you have little girls.  My husband even made the comment that many adults should be watching this movie too. Here are the three morals/life lessons it teaches:

1.  Thinking of others above yourself.
2.  Learning to not over-react and blame others.
3.  Resolving conflict in selfless and productive way.

I know, impressive for a one hour, Strawberry Shortcake movie. I felt the same way.  Strawberry definitely reminded me of the value in responding to things in a mature, level-headed way. Not that I don't always do that already, right?  WRONG. So, there you have it. 

SMG has yet to list what the kids' movie for August will be, but when they do, I'll be sure and pass the information along. Hopefully it won't disappoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment