Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Coffee Filter Butterflies

Okay gang, another simple craft with things you likely already have. Here we go:

Here's what you need (along with markers):

Step one: have your child color the coffee filter with markers. The more coloring, the better. 


Step Two: lay the colored filter on a plate and have your child drip drops of water on the filter. The coloring will blend and look more like watercolor paint. 


Step Three: Lay the wet filters on a towel to dry.


Step four: Gather the filters in the middle (like you're making a bow) and secure with a pipe cleaner. Trim the ends to be antenna length. Here is what you get:


Fun, cute, cheap - what else do you need?  

If you're like me, you also need something sweet. So, we made cupcakes with silicone butterfly cupcake molds.  The only reason I even share a picture is because of the chef's hats. Here they are:


My girls took them so seriously. I, on the other hand, had a hard time taking them seriously while they wore them. For some reason, they just cracked me up. I found them very recently in the Target dollar spot. I let the girls color on them before wearing them, but they were a bit to distracted by the upcoming cupcakes to really decorate them. But again, another fun, inexpensive and simple thing to do. 





1 comment:

  1. You are my inspiration! You are hands down, the MOST beautiful, talented, woman and mommy I've ever known! Love, love, love this blog!

    ReplyDelete