Sunday, August 22, 2010
Healthy Snacks for Kiddos
Now that school is about to start for us (and has started for most already), I'm really feeling the need to be sure my kid's brains are powered up with some good nutrition. We've had quite a bit of ice cream and popsicles this Summer due to the crazy heat, so now I need to get my kids (and me) in a better routine of healthy snacks. I've put a list together (otherwise I'll forget and do the same thing every day), so I thought I'd share it with you. Disclaimer: I've only listed things I know my kids will eat, so there are many more options out there.
1. Bugs on a log (celery sticks filled with peanut butter and raisins on top).
2. Fruit and cheese kabobs.
3. Yogurt and fruit parfaits with granola.
4. Apples dipped in peanut butter.
5. Turkey and cheese tortilla roll-ups.
6. Nuts and trail mixes.
7. Blueberries in milk with a touch of brown sugar on top.
10. Frozen bananas (peel a banana, dip in yogurt, roll in crushed cereal and freeze).
11. Fill a waffle cone with cut-up fruit and top with low-fat yogurt.
12. Veggies with low-fat ranch dip.
13. Popcorn with dried cranberries and a few white chocolate chips.
14. Sweet potato pancakes (I get these in the frozen section of Whole Foods).
15. Mini Pizzas (top half of an english muffin with pizza sauce and shredded cheese and bake).
I'm sure I'll be adding to my list as we go. If you have any different/creative/yummy snack ideas, I'd love to hear them!!