Monday, December 20, 2010

Baby Sock Advent Calendar


I know it's too late to do this for this year, but you can bet I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for some Christmas baby socks on sale after Christmas.  I've been looking for a cute, simple advent calendar. We do our Jesse Tree Devotional and I love it, but my oldest said to me the other day, "Mom, did you know there are calendars with pieces of chocolate in them?"  I played dumb and acted like I didn't know.  Since both of my girls inherited my sweet tooth, I thought it would be fun to surprise them with the "chocolate kind of calendar" next year. These little socks will hold treats that are just the right size for little ones. Check out Martha Stewart for instructions.  

I hope you are all finding the time to sit back, relax and enjoy the provisions of God this Christmas. Even if the material provisions seem lacking, remember that the greatest provision has already come in Christ.  Why is it so easy for me to lose sight of this, even when I try so hard not to? I guess it's because the world is so easily a source of distraction. I'm thankful that God is always waiting for us to return to Him and thank Him. His forgiveness is abundant, His grace is sufficient and His love is without measure.  Thank goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment