Friday, March 11, 2011

What's For Dinner?



...Quiche.  Okay, so this is not a picture of my quiche. I'm lucky to be cooking dinner these days, much less, photographing it. However, I did want to share my go to meal when I want something fast, nutritious and without a mess.

I try to keep a pie crust in my freezer at all times. I also try to always have fresh spinach since I hide it in a wide array of our meals.  Eggs and cheese, I always have eggs and cheese too. So, if you have all those things on hand, you're set for a yummy quiche dinner (I know the men aren't always excited about the idea of quiche, but I think if you make it "hearty" enough, it will fill 'em up pretty good). 

Here's what I do. Mix 4-5 eggs with about 3/4 c. of milk (I'm totally guessing). Chop (or tear) up your spinach and toss it in - do as much as you like. Throw in a good handful of cheese. Add some salt and pepper. Now look in your fridge and see what else you have.  Cherry tomatoes? Left over rotisserie chicken? Sausage? Broccoli? Ham? Fresh Basil? Goat Cheese?

Tonight I happen to have some left over rotisserie chicken, goat cheese, spinach and cherry tomatoes, so that is what is going in the quiche. I've done this combo before and it really is quite good. Plus, it's got lots of protein and a good amount of spinach. I plan on serving it with fruit salad. If I had some potatoes, I'd roast them and serve them too. Sorry honey, no potatoes tonight. 

So, if you're needing a quick, easy, and nutritious meal (and it's not a even a mess to make), here you go!  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment